Saturday, January 31, 2009

A visit to a Mexican Dentist in Ajijic

A few weeks ago Jared and I went in for a dental cleaning at a great little 2-person office at Ajijic Dental. The dentist was superb, and gave us the best cleanings of our lives! It was a "hydro" or "sonic" or "something else" cleaning. For the life of me, I can't remember what they called it, and I can't find any phrase for it online. Basically, it was a cleaning without those nasty little metal tools scratching at your teeth, poking your gums. It was all done with a fancy little hydro tool that (much like a pressure hose) cleaned our teeth without scratching at our mouth for hours! It felt fantastically clean, was done very quickly, and didn't hurt at all! We also liked it when our dentist got out a little mini camera stick, and showed us our teeth one-by-one on the screen. She would tell us if the tooth looked fine, or showed us where there seemed to be decay. For once...I felt like a could trust a dentist, because I could SEE what she was talking about (too bad she had a LOT to see in my mouth...)! Teeth cleanings cost us $300 pesos each ($20 USD each)-trying getting THAT in the US.

We had Jared's chipped tooth fixed...she did a PERFECT job for just $45 USD. Perfectly seemless!

She also checked Ella's teeth for free. It was Ella's first time at the dentist, and she was quite nervous. The dentist just had her rinse with mouthwash, and then looked at her teeth with the camera. Ella's teeth looked PERFECT...no decay whatsoever (I wish I could say that about mine)!! Way to go, Ella!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Wow! That's wonderful. And so affordable! Sign me up :)

You guys have a great thing going on down there in Mexico :)

Stina said...

You are giving me such an education about Mexico. Thanks for broadening my perspective. Maybe I should go to there for my dental work!