Friday, November 28, 2008

So...you don't believe me?

I'm sorry to keep going on and on about this...but really...these fireworks and this band is far too outrageous to "forgive and forget"...

We were wrong about the end of the Festival...it is obviously still going, as made evident by the continuous fireworks that started at 6:00 am this morning!! The band again came by the front of the house around 7:15 am, and then circled around the block, and stuck around for quite awhile on the street behind our house (houses in between us). It was another one of those "You've GOT to be kidding me" moments! I took a quick video from my balcony once they were around the back of the house on the next block, which was supposed to illustrate how LOUD they are, from even a block away! But...perhaps I'm boring you...so I won't post it. Again, just imagine Ella's excitement as the band walked by (and our amazement that Maiya could sleep through it)!

As I write, the fireworks are going off...as they have been ALL day. And let me assure you, these are not pretty fireworks AT ALL!!! They are just loud bombs that go "BANG" and die. They literally sound like gunshots, and I finally got one on video for you to watch. Yes, such an "exciting" clip...hahahaa...but listen for the gigantic BOOM that goes on in the "background" at around 33 seconds. Imagine trying to sleep through these!!

No comments: