Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our New Cargo Trailer

When we packed up our van in Mexico, we discovered that we didn't have room for half of our back row of our van. So, we left it there. We had actually left the other half in Washington State already, so we drove up North without a back row whatsoever (it left so much more room for packing everything else)! However, we wanted to pick up the other half in Washington so we could have it in Alaska, and more importantly, we wanted to have room to take other things as well. Blah blah blah...

So...we finally bought our dream cargo trailer, a Yuppie Wagon! Not our dream color, but we saved 40% by going with a less popular color (the dealer gave us the choice between Orange and Camouflage). So, orange it is!!

We immediately took a trip to Costco, and stocked up on a 6 month supply of Diapers, baby wipes, laundry detergent, peanut butter, Olive oil, beans, apple sauce, and virtually everything else we knew we'd eat/use over the summer! You should have seen the looks we got walking out with THIS supply of items! The guy at the register said, "I'm glad I'M not changing all of those diapers!"



We then returned to Quincy and stuffed it full with everything else we could fit (bath towels, shower curtains, keyboard, trash cans, etc....) from our previous apartment we had in Washington State. Every nook and cranny has been filled!

And thus begins the last leg of our trip to Alaska. We leave bright and early Thursday morning, and we will hopefully arrive in Skagway on Saturday evening...in time for Easter Sunday, and the community Easter Egg Hunt! Wohoo!!

Happy Easter, and we'll try to blog again when we have internet connection (which may be awhile...considering Jared and I have to put together a new Hughesnet Satellite internet dish, and install it ourselves...hahaha!).

5 comments:

Jenny said...

AWESOME cargo carrier- that was some SERIOUS, I mean, SERIOUS shopping!! At least everyone will know you've arrived with your big orange trailer- I think it's great! :) Glad to see you will survive another 6 months in Alaska! :) Have a good rest of the trip- love you guys! I guess we'll plan on seeing you in December- wow - that seems a long way off!

Stina said...

Good luck! I don't envy your drive!

Julie S said...

Oooh-weee! That looks like it definitely doubled your "carrying capabilities!" How exciting! And that Costco trip looked insane. But I'm jealous that you are done with that big shopping for MANY MONTHS. I was just thinking if anyone stole your little trailer (knock on wood and not that I hope for that) that they would be sorely disappointed with the supply of diapers they got! Perhaps you should write "diaper mobile" on the side. hee hee hee Ok - I'm blabbing - I hope all is well and you are safe. Love ya.

leadatortilla said...

sooooo - I guess that mom's e-mail changed my blogger status - and I was signed in as "JULIE" - weird. Just so you know - the comment earlier was really from me.

Camille Hammond said...

Hey! I finally found your blog. We really enjoyed having your family here. By now I guess you're in Alaska. That was a lot of stuff!