Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Plaza Galerias

Well, we are back in the US...but I'm not quite up for posting about our 8,000 mile trek, yet. I haven't even finished Mexico! So, I will probably be switching back and forth between past Mexico posts I have wanted to do, and current US posts. Oh well...such is life :-)

Back in November (yeah, 5 months ago), we went to the Plaza Galerias in Guadalajara. It is across the street from Costco, and next to a very large Walmart. It is 3 stories high, and is quite the place!

Don't try playing in the fountains, though. They don't like it (as we learned).


Notice the Hooters, Chilis, and Outback Steakhouse?


And when we left the mall, I was blown away by the AMAZING, colorful trees at the entrance!


I kept getting closer and closer and closer to the trees, taking photos. When I got within a few feet, I finally realized that their florescent pink color was just as unbelievable as I thought. In other words, blow this photo up (click on it) to make the same discovery I did...

And of course, how could I forget the mall security guards with their very intimidating guns? Can you imagine this in the US?! Well...perhaps we'd have less random violence in the US if our security looked like this, too.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacey said...

No way! Are they totally fake??? They look SO real! now those mall cops mean business :)

Vanessa said...

wow, those trees are awesome, that is hilarious.

leadatortilla said...

I'd like a few of those trees in my yard... seriously! And I love the lime stand in your next post. miss ya.