Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Mommy Tag

I got tagged nearly a month ago by my college roommate, Tiffany. However, every time I planned to work on this "Mommy Tag"...I realized I was having a pretty rough "Mommy" day. So, hoping that the post would take a more positive turn, I waited...and waited...and waited...until a good day (so far)!
1. What time do you wake up?
Technically around 6:00 am, or whenever the fireworks start. Then again at 7:30 when Ella comes in and pulls Jared out of bed. Then again at 8:30 when Jared brings Ella to the bedside for me to brush and put up her hair (But some mornings, like today, I say to Jared, "You didn't bring up Ella before you took her to school? Did you brush her hair?" He replies, "Oh, no. Her hair was still up from last night." "So, did you brush it?" "No." Well, nobody's perfect...). Then, I wake up again between 9:00-9:30, when Maiya decides she's ready to wake up. I am so not a morning person.


2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
A GOOD night would be 8pm. Not reality...but we do our best to start the process by 8pm (baths, etc). Hopefully by 9pm the house is ours, again.

3. How long have you been a mommy?
3 years, 8 months, 13 days
(p.s. I didn't figure out that myself...I found a handy website!)

4. How old were you when you became a mom? 22 years old

5. What is your favorite chore? A silly question, if you ask me...who likes chores? I guess my favorite is IF I make a meal that everyone likes...then it is very (ful)filling. Ha.

6. What is your favorite meal to cook?
See previous post about my "food rut"...this is not a good question to ask right now. When I am in a food rut, nothing is good. I know I posted a Mexican rice recipe last week, however, when I made it this week, I never even touched it. I just hate food right now. :)

7. What meal do you cook most often? Tex-Mex in any shape or form (tacos, taco salad, etc). But even that sounds lame right now. But truthfully, when ALL else fails...just plain chips and salsa usually tie me over.
8. What are 5 things about being a mom that make you smile? 1. When my children play nicely with eachother...and they make each other laugh. 2. I love it when Jared makes the children laugh. 3. When Ella randomly gives me a hug and says "Mommy, I love you SOOO much!" 4. When Ella colors quietly, and is so proud of the end result. 5. When Maiya gives me her big grin when I get her out of bed in the mornings.

9. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
To their Nana and Grandma's house (to stay for a little while...hehehee...)

10. When was the last time you went out without your kids? I went out with "the girls" last weekend to Guadalajara to see "Crepusculo" (aka "Twilight"). Six whole hours without the girls! Before that? In October Jared and I got to go on a double-date without the girls, when we were in UT (Thanks Mom & Lea!). And before that? Gee...probably a year earlier...we're too cheap (aka poor) for babysitters...and we hate to impose!

11. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?

When we brought Maiya home from the hospital, Ella went to Grandma's house for the rest of the week. When she came back, I was shocked at how BIG she was. Suddenly my "baby" was clearly NOT a baby, and it took awhile to adjust to her.
12. When was the last time you told one of your kids I love you?
Hmm...just a billion times a day.

13. When was the last time you were told I love you?
By Jared, probably last night or this morning.

I tag Lea, Christina, Lisa S., Angie, Joni, Jenny, Morgan, Yasmine, Cara, Stacey, and anyone else who wants to do it!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

First off, Are you pregnant?? Just wondering since no food sounds good! :) And you have pretty teeth! And is your neck breaking out down there? Why is it splotchy? Just wondering if you're okay and not getting any crazy virus' down there :). . . that was fun to learn about you as a mom!

Alisa said...

NO WAY...I am NOT pregnant! Thanks for the comment about my teeth (I should thank my parents...they're the ones who paid for them). AND...yes...my neck is totally splotchy. Lara and I have the same sensitive skin...and Maiya loves to scratch my neck!

Oh, and I totally tag YOU, too!!