Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Affair with Tortugas...

The tortugas have become a part of the family quickly. As I said before, they are MUCH happier in their new, larger home. Ella and Maiya think they're great, and I've finally found some foods they'll eat (they like broccoli and LOVE cilantro). So much for that turtle food they sold me...they don't eat it at all!!


I really don't know who loves the turtles more. The girls or Jared? I'm voting Jared. He is obsessed with his new funny friends. He took this glamorous photo of the duo:
And I just thought I'd post a typical view in our house. I'm sure the girls were contemplating doing something mischievous in the backyard.

Our doors stay open like this all day. We would prefer to work outside, but the "deck" isn't shaded, so it's a bit too bright and warm for computer work (it can't really be considered a deck, since it's all brick...I can't think of any other word for it). The weather is in the mid 80's all this next week. It is warming up!! (from the 70's, that is) The hardest part is simply not being able to actively enjoy it, although we are definitely enjoying it from the comforts of where we work on the couch.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the last picture... wouldn't you love to know what they are thinking! This may be a silly question, but will the turtles be ok in alaska? When do you guys head out? And you may have very well convinced us that we need to live in Mexico for 1/2 the year- it looks like your on vacation everyday (minus the whole work thing!) :)