Saturday, February 28, 2009

Years ago...

Living in a community of retirees, I am constantly reminded of how young I am. This was no exception...

***15 YEARS AGO (1994)****

1) How old were you? 11
2) Who were you dating? Umm...no dates...but I had a terrible crush on a boy in my 6th grade class. I would bike to his house every day, all the way from the other side of the lake (2 miles each way). Of course, I'd never knock...I'd just ride on by...
3) Where did you work? Didn't.
4) Where did you live? Topeka, KS
5) Where did you hang out? Again...that was the year I was probably biking across the lake every day...
6) Did you wear contacts and/or glasses? I think I got contacts that year, or the following.
7) Who was your best friend? Sarah Petz and Ami Schmidgall
8) How many tattoos did you have? none
9) How many piercings did you have? one in each ear
10) What kind of car did you drive? Hahaha...lest you forget how young I was....
11) Had you been to a real party? A birthday party? Oh, yeah! I even threw quite a few...but likely we all ended up in the basement because of a tornado siren.
12) Had you had your heart broken in love? nope...unless you count the fact that the 6th grade boy didn't love me back :-(
13) Were you Single/taken/Married/Divorced? single
14) Any Kids? no
15) Education? 6th grade, baby, 6th grade.

***10 YEARS AGO (1999)***
1) How old were you? 16
2) Who were you dating? I didn't actually date anyone that year...but the year before, and the year after...
3) Where did you work? Helen Hocker Theater at Gage Park. I did every show I could, and even got hired on to be the musical director of a children's show that toured to local schools.
4) Where did you live? Topeka, KS
5) Where did you hang out? Helen Hocker every day of my life, I think.
6) Did you wear contacts and/or glasses? Contacts
7) Who was your best friend? Annie Patterson.and Sarah Johnson
8) How many tattoos did you have? none
9) How many piercings did you have? one in each
10) What kind of car did you drive? Teal Nissan Sentra (1994?) which I had gotten in a wreck with the year before...so it had a nice gray streak on the side.
11) Had you been to a real party? Lots of parties, but what is the definition of a real party? One where people are doing things they shouldn't? No.
12) Had you had your heart broken in love? yes. My first major crush had come and gone.
13) Were you Single/taken/Married/Divorced? single still.
14) Any Kids? no
15) Education? Junior Year in High School

****TODAY (2009)****
1) How old are you? 26.
2) Who are you dating? Dating? Does that require getting a babysitter?
3) Where do you work? At home and at the store in Alaska every day of my life (Alaska being only partial-year).
4) Where do you live? Ajijic, Mexico (AKA Paradise)
5) Where do you hang out? Home home home...gotta get some work done before we leave in 11 days!!
6) Do you wear contacts and/or glasses? Glasses and contacts
7) Who is your best friend? Jared Jared Jared. I love my best friend.
8) How many tattoos do you have? none
9) How many piercings do you have? 1 in each ear
10) What kind of car do you drive? 2001 Pontiac Montana that we got a killer deal on.
11) Have you been to a real party? Again...definition? I've never been big on parties...but I love small get-togethers with friends.
12) Have you had your heart broken in love? Yes. With my kids every day. Ella says "I'm NOT going to be your friend" when she gets mad at me.
13) Are you Single/taken/Married/Divorced? Married forever and ever
14) Any Kids? 2 crazy girls
15) Education? Bachelors in Theater Arts Studies

DO THIS POST!! You are TAGGED!

No comments: